We'll start with Cole(2 and a half)- my happy (kinda whiny) and easy going little buddy. He is so eager to please and such a lover. We went to Gram's apartment for her birthday and he hugged every single little old lady in the place, with no hesitation, and beamed at the attention he got. He is still the spitting image of his Daddy, and is so well behaved. Well, mostly well behaved:) He has this habit of breaking all the rules when I'm on the phone- but it could be worse so I'm not complaining! He loves to be outside, and asks to go as soon as he wakes up in the morning. Juice or milk make everything ok, and he asks for pancakes for every meal. He sleeps with a shark as big as he is and wants to "hold hand just minute" before he falls asleep. I taught him that when I sqeeze his hand 2 times, that means 'I love you,' so it has become our special little "thing" to give 2 sqeezes when the feeling hits us ;0) "I've been workin on the railroad" is his favorite song- and "Take me out to the ballgame" is a close second. He always finds a way to make me smile- lately it's by running to me when he's been out of eyesight for a few minutes and saying "Mommy! I miss you!" or "Love you to the moon." His favorite TV shows are "Dora the Explorer," "Diego," "Wonder Pets" and "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and some movie favorites are "Finding Nemo," "Cars," and "Shark Tales." Recently, he has taken to following many phrases with "Ok" or "Actually." He will say something like "I want to play with my trains, ok" or "That's a dump truck, actually." Something about a 2-yr old saying "actually" just makes me laugh. He also apologizes for things that need to apology. Sweet silly boy.
Me: "Hey Cole, come here and let me tie your shoe."
Cole: "Oh, ok. I sorry."
Cole is still pretty dramatic, especially when he hurts himself. The "boo boo kiss it" usually comes out before the knee actually hits the pavement. His favorite line after he wakes up from his nap, when he comes out of his room to find me is "Hi Mommy, me wake up. What choo doin?"
The boys have just recently started a little bit of sibling rivalry. I knew it was coming. No longer does Kellen just sqeal and run to me when Cole takes something he was playing with-- nope, now Cole gets a truck to the head. Maybe this isn't my most shining "mom moment" but it makes me kinda proud to watch him stick up for himself. They need to learn to fight their own battles sometimes. Most of the time, though, they do play very well together. They push trucks in circles around the downstairs, race in the driveway, look through books together, and genuinely enjoy each others company.
No comments:
Post a Comment