Thanks to the suggestion from my good friend, Helen, we took the boys to the NC State Farm Animal Days and they both LOVED it! Although it was ridiculously crowded the day and time we went, Cole and Kellen didn't seem to be bothered by the crowd and were so excited to see all the animals. I had a hard time getting pictures because of the crowd, and because the boys were so in to looking at the animals that I couldn't get them to look at me! Here's K checking out the turkeys. I didn't realize how ugly these things are up close...yuck!

There were mama cows and a calf. If only these pictures had audio because Kellen yelled at every animal like they were either going to respond or walk right over to him when he called :). "Coooowwwwwww!!! Coooooooowwwwww come heeeeerrrrrrreeeeeee!" Then there was Mr. Bossy Cole who would remind him, "they can't talk Kellen, and they aren't going to come."


Little piggies :)

There were NC State students there inside the fences with the animals, and they allowed the kids to pet some of the animals. Here they are petting a sheep. Fuller Elementary school was there as you can see...along with every other school in Wake County I think!


The baby goat that Kellen was smothering. My youngest child doesn't have the most gentle touch to say the least. Cole got a kick out of the kid (is that right? baby goat is a kid??) sucking on his fingers.

The State student laughing at Kellen and his craziness, no doubt.


Cole's favorite part of the day was the baby chicks. I couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor little things. They were just loose in this long trough and the kids were allowed to just pick them up and hold them. The ratio of student to kid at this station was probably 20:1 so you know the chicks were traumatized.


The look on K's face cracks me up. He has to concentrate sooooo hard to be gentle :0).

After lots of hand sanitizer we enjoyed our free ice cream. I was actually really impressed with all the stations of sanitizer that they had there for people to use.

Vanilla for Cole, and chocolate for Kellen. Yummm :)

Since we were in Cary we decided to go to Crowder park and meet Nina for lunch and a little more playtime before heading home. Justin had to leave to go to work, but he was able to spend most of the time at the Farm with us.

No fear...

I lose years off my life watching this kid play sometimes!
1 comment:
Seriously, Kellen made ME lose years just by looking at the pictures! I hate that green thing they have to climb to get to the two big slides! Man I'm getting old!
Post a Comment