Saturday, January 3, 2009

Aren't I forgetting something?

I did something tonight that I NEVER do. I went to the grocery store and to pick up dinner by myself. I always do my shopping during the day, and so obviously I have kids with me. We decided we wanted Chinese food for dinner tonight and Justin was walking out the door to go pick it up when I excitedly (I know, silly) said that I would go. He looked at me like I was crazy because I hate driving at night, and I'm usually the one to stay with the kids. (PS, saying "kids" is still a little crazy!) I realized that I couldn't remember the last time I went somewhere by myself (besides work) and thought a quiet drive would be nice. It really was relaxing to get out for a few minutes and be by myself. I felt so strange getting in and out of the car without getting someone else out too! It was amazing how quickly I got in and out of the grocery store! I'm so used to "chatting" with Cole or singing songs in the car, that it really felt strange to just listen to the radio (my station, not sing-a-long kids music!) and relax. Before I even realized what I was doing, I was dialing the house on my way home to check on the kids and Justin made fun of me saying I should get off the phone and enjoy my last few minutes of quiet before I got home. Haha. So even though I felt like I was forgetting something the whole trip, it was a nice little break. Here are a few pictures from today. This first one is the boys watching Baby Einstein. Cole looks sad for some reason, but really he is just enthralled in the TV. I stared at the one of Cole in the swing forever trying to figure out why something looked different. I realized that it was because he actually looks more like me in this picture than Justin...that is RARE!

2 comments:

Helen said...

They are too sweet - it makes me miss Cooper being a baby so much!

Amanda said...

I love this post.......I felt like I was reading something I wrote myself!! I went to Target yesterday by myself and it was a little strange!!!