I swear I have all intentions of posting more often, but the days come and go so fast and before I know it it's been over a week since I updated. I missed my "Not me monday" this week :-( Mondays are hard because a lot of the time I've worked the weekend and am exhausted. I wish we could afford a new computer because it takes approximately 8 YEARS to upload pictures on here. So I do have a couple "NOT ME MONDAY" moments that I thought of in the last week that I wanted to share. Was I drinking a beer the other night WHILE nursing Kellen...NO, what kind of mother does that?! In my defense, I started drinking the beer about halfway through the feeding. It can't get to him in 10 minutes, right? Definately not. Justin gave me the "are you sure you can do that" look, but it's totally fine, right? Hey...my life gets a little stressful at times ok! (Did I really just admit that I did this to all my family and friends? YEP, hey that's the name of the game with "NOT ME Mondays!" Also, I'm totally not addicted to Raisin Bran cereal. I haven't had it every morning since Kellen was born. Weird right? Never ate it before, but now I can't live without it. And yes, I am still obsessive about couponing and saving money on groceries. One of my bestests, Susan, turned me on to an amazing website called thegrocerygame.com and it has really become a hobby for me to match coupons with sales, etc. You would be amazed at how much money I have saved. It's unreal. If you check out the website and decide to join, make sure you submit my email address and I will get a free month (sarah.rogers22@yahoo.com) It takes A LOT of time and planning, but there is money to be saved people! Hey, anything I can do to cut back as much as I can at work. Our newest update is that we are getting a play system in our backyard for the boys. Playsystem...doesnt that just sound cool, haha?! I'll post pictures after they put it up tomorrow. I'm really excited to be able to just go to the backyard to play rather going somewhere. Appropriate to mention this large purchase right after I'm talking about saving money, huh? Anything for my boys:-) Hey, we're just trying to help the economy with our tax return money!
We've been meeting every Friday morning with other kids around Cole's age in the neighborhood for a playdate that has been really nice, both for Cole and I. He is really shy around other kids, but is starting to open up a little. He is the youngest one, besides Kellen and another younger sibling of a 2-year-old that comes. He sits back and watches a lot of the time, but is starting to play with the other kids a little bit. I'm sure he'll warm up in time, and when he's a little older too.
My last post I said I wanted to end each post with a favorite thing. This is totally random, but I love it. You know that sound a young baby makes when they are swallowing their milk? It's kind of a swallow and sigh, and they get in this rhythm. I LOVE IT. I think it is the sweetest noise in the world. Justin thinks it's weird, but I guess you have to be a mom to know what I mean. Pictures next time.
2 comments:
Don't worry, you will save enough money over the next few months to completely justify the playset! Can't wait to come see it! Hugs and kisses to the boys! :)
You girls have me intrigued with the grocery game but I'm so lazy when it comes to coupon cutting! I'm with you on the swallowing noise - it was definitely one of my fave's as well. Hope the boys love the swingset and we must get together soon! I was bummed when I came into work tonight and realized you weren't here:( Oh yeah, and the beer thing, I think you stole that idea from me:) If you can drive a car, you can feed your baby was always my philosophy!
Post a Comment