Wednesday, March 4, 2009

waiting...

Justin:
So we've been anxiously awaiting news from a job interview Justin had on Friday. He found out today that he is one of two that they are considering...so the wait continues! We don't know all the details about the job, as far as benefits, hours, salary, etc but Justin really feels like he would enjoy the change in career. He is pretty miserable in his current situation for so many reasons. He hates that he isn't able to make enough money for me to cut back my hours at work, and isnt happy with his job title. He has always wanted a job that would allow him flexibility in hours, and allow him to be out and about and not in a store all day. This job would definately offer that. He would have much more responsibility, and would be able to utilize more of his "business knowledge." I agree that he is way too smart and largely overqualified for his current position. While I do wish I didn't have to work quite as much as I do, I am very thankful that I have a career that I am happy with and I don't have to worry about losing my job in the current economic crisis. Hopefully we'll hear some news about this job soon, we all know how impatient I am ;-).

Me:
Not much new here. I'm just enjoying every minute of my sweet boys as they grow up WAY too quickly. I guess my only complaint is that I'm still waiting for these last 8 or so pounds to come off from being pregnant with Kellen. Notice how I said waiting instead of actually doing much about it, haha. I work out when I can, and have always eaten pretty well, but I guess what they say about having a harder time losing the weight with your second child is definately true for me. I was doing great with exercising before I went back to work, but now...not so much. I shouldn't complain, but I'm just ready to be able to breathe a little easier in my pre-pregnancy jeans! I refuse to buy new clothes, so until the weight comes off, I'll continue to punish myself with pants that are too tight, haha. I'm really looking forward to this weekend and the warm weather. I'm so DONE with the cold. I think I'm going to go buy some sidewalk chalk and let Cole have his way with the driveway. He has just started wanting to "color" when he sees me writing something, so we'll see how it goes. My guess is he'll think it's really fun for about 10 minutes, then we'll be on to something else.

Cole:
My sweet cuddle-bug isnt feeling very well today. I'm not sure whether he's getting a little bit of a cold, or if it's just his tooth that has finally come through that's making him feel out of sorts. That makes a whopping 8 teeth! Maybe he'll have all his teeth by the time he goes to college, haha. Really I secretly enjoy it because it's less teeth for me to fight him to brush! This morning he played with aunt Suzi while I did laundry and paid some bills upstairs. I was supposed to work last night but was put on-call since we have been overstaffed lately. I felt a little guilty about it since I dont have much vacation time built up since I just took maternity leave, but I couldn't help agreeing to stay home and sleep the night in my bed rather than stay up for another 15 hours. Anyway, so Cole has pretty consistently been taking just one nap after lunch, but he won't sleep for more than an hour and a half to 2 hours...2.5 hours on a really good day. Today at about 10 he stopped wanting to play and wanted to be held. His signature "I'm tired" position is to pull his knees up to his tummy when you pick him up and lay his head on your shoulder. I laid him down at 10:30 and he went right to sleep for 2 hours. Now he's sitting curled up in my lap watching cartoons (I kinda love it! :-)...there is nothing else I'd rather do than snuggle with my boys!) He still really likes his puzzles and shape sorters and anything that involves the potential for busting his head open!

Kellen:
Last but certainly not least! Kellen is doing great. He is such a sweet baby, and reminds me so much of his brother. He is so laid back and continues to be such an easy baby. He loves watching Cole play and smiles at him all the time (which Cole loves!) He's been in a growth spurt the last week and has woken up a little more often at night to eat. He has been taking much better naps, and sleeps a good 2 hours in the middle of the day. His hair is starting to really have a reddish tint to it, especially in the sun. Cole's was the same way at his age, so I'm curious to see whether he will keep the strawberry blonde or if it will turn dirty blonde like Cole's has. He enjoys sitting in the baby pod (when Cole doesnt have his big butt in it!) and bats at the toy and watches it spin. I need to get a picture of it.

No comments: