Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to http://www.mycharmingkids.net">her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
Ok Susan, I've been wanting to give this a shot for awhile now, and after tonight I think it's a great time to start.
So my really good friend Susan follows the blog of a woman who calls herself "MckMama," and each monday writes about the things that she did NOT do (insert sarcasm here :-)) during that week. She has 4 small children...I want to say all under the age of 6 or so, and has thousands of followers to her blog. She writes about anything and everything, and takes amazing photographs of her kids. So the idea is to tell the naked truth of all the little things that you would never do...but DO!
So here goes... I most certainly NEVER leave my house without at spare change of clothes for my boys. I mean, what mother of 2 babies would forget such a necessary thing? Not me! Tonight, Justin had a softball game at 7:30 that he begged for me to bring the boys to. As we pulled into the parking lot I said the words "I sure hope Kellen doesn't have a blow out (for you non-mom readers...this is a poop that is more like an explosion and usually makes its way up to about shoulder level requiring an ENTIRE outfit change) because I forgot to put a spare outfit for him in the bag after using it the other day." There was my mistake ladies. I said it. Not only did I think it, but I said it out loud, and that is grounds for a major jinxing. Justin ran up to the field with Cole while I sat in the car to feed Kellen before we headed up. Cole decided that the inside of the car was a jungle gym and was pushing every button he could find (including the lock/unlock button about 85 times in a row). The windows were up, then they were down, then up then the heat was on and off and all the while his favorite phrase "uh oh" was stated approximately the number of times the lock button was pressed. As I sat there laughing at him, I heard that rumble in Kellen's belly. Yep, you know the one. There wasn't any stopping it. Now, let me preface this by saying that my kids have always been "several a day" poopers. I have friends whose kids go several days without pooping and they think it's funny that I wonder what's wrong if my kids havent pooped by noon! Well the last couple weeks, Kellen has turned into a "every few days" pooper. (Bet some of you are regretting that you started to read this, arent you!) Last week he went 5 days without pooping! I was distraught, but he was fine. It never seemed to bother him. So this brings me to the reason I had to use his spare outfit I keep in the car. On day 5 we had a major poopy-baby-crisis in the Home Depot parking lot. Subsequently, there I was tonight with one of my children trying to climb out of the window he just put down, and the other quickly leaking through his clothes in my lap. I knew, even before I unbottoned him, that I was in trouble. Sure enough, there was absolutely no salvaging the outfit. As I started to pick up my phone to call Justin and tell him that we were going to have to go home, I remembered that although Kellen had used his spare outfit, Cole had one in the car. SO... I most certainly did NOT put my 11-week-old, who wears size 3 month clothes, in an 18-month outfit and walk right on up the the ball field to watch Daddy play ball. I wouldn't be caught dead in public with my sweet baby boy in an outfit that was rolled up 3 times on each arm and leg! How's that for my first go at Not Me Monday, Sus? I'm too tired to post pictures tonight, but hopefully I'll get some up tomorrow. We've got some good ones of the weekend spent in Holly Springs with my parents and family. But before I go, here are a few more things that I did NOT do lately (wink).
I did not let Cole have an ice cream sandwich while his dinner was 5 minutes from being done because he was driving me absolutely crazy pulling on my legs and whining. Nope, wouldn't do that...it would spoil his dinner!
I also did NOT cut my eyes at our builder when he made the mistake of saying that it "must be nice" that I only work part-time. I mean, working 24 hours a week IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT after being up ALL DAY LONG taking care of 2 boys under a year-and-a-half is a piece of cake, right? But I am much too mature and classy to let stupid comments get to me, right? I mean, his wife is a stay-at-home mom of 2 school aged girls!! Some people just dont get it.
I also do NOT have a 17-month-old who grunts and pushes to make himself fart so that he can laugh hysterically about it. My charming husband could not possibly be at fault for this for laughing every time Cole has farted in his life.
I do not allow my kids to stay in their jammies ALL DAY if we dont have anywhere to go. I'm actually pretty positive Kellen has gone without an outfit change for over 24 hours on several occasions. He has "second baby" syndrome for sure! I would never have let Cole do that. Hey, I do enough laundry already. If it doesn't have a bodily fluid on it...it's staying on until it does!
Hopefully, each Monday I can make myself confess all the things I do NOT do. It should be interesting!
5 comments:
Brody would fit in great at your house, I put a onsie on him Sunday evening and he wore it all day Monday too!! Hey, it was still clean!!
Girl, if it ain't dirty it ain't getting changed!!! Nothing wrong with that :)
Love it! You are so funny! I typically only take a change of clothes for Landon when we go somewhere, but I think I just might start taking one for Lily, too. So, how do you think a boy would look in girl clothes!? I don't think I could swing that one! :)
P.S. MckMama's kids are age FOUR and under. Yes, four kids, four and under. She is about is crazy as we are! I'm not THAT crazy! Not, yet, anyways! ;)
I absolutely love this post! And I must say...you have convinced me to keep a change of clothes for Emerson. I could definitely see her having one of those "blowouts"!
Post a Comment