So much has been going on around here lately. Cole is growing up so fast I can hardly keep up. He talks non stop. He even talks himself to sleep. Actually, I think he sings himself to sleep. I'm not sure what he's saying a lot of the time when he's in his bed, but it seems to be melodic. Life is so much easier now that he can verbalize what he wants/needs or what he wants to do. He says a few word combos, like "Hi or Bye Mommy/Daddy/Baby", "Here it is", "all gone/done" "Pee pee potty (which he has done twice now! He has decided that it's a pretty cool deal to pee on the potty because he gets a handful of chocolate teddy grahams when he does...AND we sing a super cool song and do a dance:-) Some days I think he's ready to get serious about it, and some days I think he is far from it. So for now, we just let him do what he's interested in. So back to his talking...I must admit that his most favorite word lately is "no". His sweet "naww" from my previous post is no longer sweet! I know it's all part of being a toddler, but it's so hard watching my sweet, easy to get along with baby turn in to a defiant and independant little boy. I'm lucky if I can get him to give me a kiss these days! Hugs are still frequent, but he saves all his kisses for Kellen. Not fair. Speaking of those two boys of mine, I sure hope they stay as smitten with each other as they are right now. While Cole has become a chatter box at home, he remains fairly shy around other kids and strangers. He is content to sit back and watch at playgrounds until I all-but force him to play. I think part of it is we are mostly around older kids and he still isn't very comfortable with stairs, playgrounds, jumping, climbing, etc. I guess I'm learning that kids seem to develop either verbally or physically one a little sooner than the other.
My sweet baby Kellen is doing amazing. I can't believe he will be 5 months old this weekend. Justin tells me I baby him, and I think he's right. I don't know if this is the case with most people and their second child, but I find myself giving in to him much quicker than I did with Cole. (Hence the reason he is almost 5 months old and I am just now making him wait until 7am to eat rather than 5am). He HATES (that is putting it nicely) to take a bottle, and gives Justin a pretty hard time when I'm at work. I guess I should make him take bottles more when I'm home to get him used to the idea, but I feel like he should'nt have to do it if he doesn't want to. I know, it's bad, but I can't help it. I spent 9 months riddled with guilt that he would somehow be short handed because of how close together in age he and Cole were, so I guess I have an extra big soft spot in my heart for him. When I get sad at how fast Cole is growing up, I steal some extra snuggles from Kellen and feel much better! He is rolling all over the place, and LOVES to grab and suck on his feet. He is starting to pull his knees underneath him when he's on his belly and manages to wiggle himself all over his crib or play mats. He wants to sit up so badly, but cant prop himself for more than a couple seconds before he folds over or falls to the side. Justin says he has these boys figured out and that Cole will be outgoing, funny, average height and stocky; and Kellen will be more reserved, calm, and tall and slim.
Cole had his first fishing experience with Daddy the other day. We went to Falls Lake and I stayed in the car to feed Kellen while Cole went with Justin down to the water. When I walked up, my eldest child had his hands in a cup of muddy worms and was taking the fish that Justin and Casey (Courtney, your husband was instigating) handed him to throw in the bucket. Did I have an anxiety attack?...nearly. Now how do you tell a child who is getting his molars in to please not put his hands in his mouth?...yea, you catch my drift. NASTY! Or as Cole would say "gwoss." I guess this is just one of many times where I will have to let my boys be boys. Lets just say he got a bath with Wet Ones and then a severe scrubbing in the tub when we got home. The boy does love to be outside though. He would live outside if he could, and there is nothing cooler than sticks and rocks and dirt.
My favorite thing this week was playing in the rain with Cole today. We were playing outside while Kellen was napping this afternoon and it started to rain. Instead of going inside we ran in and out of the garage into the rain, both laughing like a couple of crazies! "GO!" Cole would say and we ran from the garage up to the mailbox and back. Then we found some great puddles and stomped until we were soaked. It was free therapy. That little boy is my best friend, and he reminds me every day why my life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment