Cole's third birthday celebrations began with a transition from his toddler bed to a full sized bed. It was a switch I had been wanting to make for awhile, especially since his crib would convert to a full bed and my parents had given us a box springs and a mattress that they weren't using. All we needed to make the switch was some bedding fit for a 3 year old boy! Thanks to the generocity of Nina and Pops, Cole got some pretty awesome truck and tractor bedding that arrived a few days before his birthday. We/ I (wink) couldn't wait to get it set up, so Justin built the bed when he got home from work the day the bedding arrived and we got it ready to go just in time for bed. After a quick talk about being careful not to fall out :) we squeezed in a little game of "throw the boy on the bed!" What a great way to break in the new bed! Cole has done great in his new bed, and absolutely loves it! We've always read our books before bed on the floor in Cole's room, but now we can lay in his new big bed to read and it's so nice. Kellen loves to pretend that he's going to sleep in the big bed with Cole, but thankfully he hasn't given us too much trouble going to his crib to sleep. I'm not quite ready to have him out yet! I've got the feeling that he won't be as cooperative as Cole was with staying in bed when we take the front off his crib :)









The night before Cole's birthday, I decided to make some cupcakes with the boys as a trial run for his party on Saturday. I brought their little table into the kitchen and put the mixer on it so that they could help me pour ingredients and watch the blender mix everything up. I am reminded everyday to appreciate the small things in life when I see them so enthralled in something so simple as a stand mixer. I'd be lying if I said it was all sunshine and butterflies getting through convincing 2 toddler boys to take turns, be patient, and not make a HUGE mess while preparing the cupcakes, but at the end of the day it's all about new experiences and time spent together that is most important. To say the least, it's a great practice of patience to bake with toddlers!

Justin and I were both off work on Cole's birthday, and we enjoyed a day of fun with family and friends. I had planned for us to go to a museum or other outing the morning of his birthday, but am so glad we decided to just stay home and have a relaxing day together. Since school started, it seems like we are always on the go, and days where we don't have to be anywhere at any specific time are cherished. We started the day with Cole's request of cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and then Gram and Suzi arrived to spend some time with us and give Cole his gifts. We are so thankful for all the wonderful gifts Cole was given; he's one lucky kid!
He's so proud of his big birthday!
Daddy hung close by until Cole really got the hang of his new bike. Thanks for the great gift Grandma and Grandpa!
We spent the rest of the morning playing with our neighbor friends.
I managed to get all 5 of the kids in the same picture! We love our girls!!


Another not-so-good picture that had to be posted because it's the 5 amigos!

More bike time!


Kellen's birthday hug for his big brother.

Cole had his birthday celebration at school the day before his birthday, so he got to wear his birthday hat they made him 2 days in a row! He was so proud to take cookies to share with his friends at school and get special attention for his birthday. Something about wearing a birthday hat seems to bring out the silly side!

I love his hair sticking straight up out of the top of the hat :)


I have about 75 pictures to sort through from Cole's birthday party at Young's Gym, so once I pick some favorites I will get them uploaded! Thank you to everyone who made my little guy feel so special and loved on his third birthday. We appreciate all of you!
1 comment:
Love the construction bedding! It looks great! So sorry we missed the party, but hopefully we can have a play date soon.
Post a Comment